Brushing

First it was brushing once. Then it was brushing twice a day. They said it was better dental hygiene. Now its after every meal. God knows whats gonna be next........Stop brushing when you need to pop something into your mouth???

I sincerely do feel that this brushing once, twice, whatever ..... is another brilliant marketing ploy by toothbrush companies, playing on the humans who are insecure or have bad breath or both.

Recent research* has shown that not brushing your teeth even once a day has no noticeable effect on personal dental hygiene (the research however does not mention the condition of others in the vicinity).

What needs to be asked is not, "to brush or not to brush?" but "to trust or not to trust?".

Just ask yourself, "Is it really good for me to be poking myself with pointy haired stuff 3/4th of my waking life just so that I can spend the rest of my life keeping my mouth shut ( well that's inevitable 'cause of all that the brushing can do is scrape the rest of what's left of your tooth).

Gotta go now, I think it's time for a brush.

-------------------------
* Research : I did not brush yesterday and I felt real good. I think i have improved morale and self confidence too.

No comments: